- Elcometer 311 Model B, FNF (Steel/Aluminium) Automotive Paint Inspection Gauge: The new Elcometer 311 Automotive Paint Meter is the fastest automotive paint gauge on the market today, used to instantly measure paint thickness and provide an indication of the overall condition of paint work. The Elcometer 311 Automotive Paint Meter allows the user to quickly identify vehicle’s damage not reported in public or commercial condition reports.
- Measure the thickness of your paint with ease!
- Instantly switches between steel & aluminum panels
- 60+ readings per minute
- Product Codes: A311CFNFBI, A311CFNFTI
The Elcometer 311 Automotive Paint Meter allows you to measure paint thickness and provide an indication of the overall condition of your paintwork! When you are looking at your paint, you can always easily see swirls, oxidation and other ugly imperfections that take away from the overall look of the vehicle. You hate the look and you break out your polisher, pads, and compound, ready to get to work and bring the paint back to life. However, do you really know how thick the clear coat on that area is? Do you know if the car has been repainted, repaired, corrected multiple times, and how much clear coat is left? The naked eye can not give you these measurements, but the Elcometer 311 Automotive Paint Meter can! This gauge provides you with a non-destructive paint thickness measurements on aluminum and steel automotive panels. The integral FNF probe instantly recognizes the substrate material allowing fast and accurate paint thickness measurement of these steel and aluminum body panels. The unique Elcometer Index Value provides inspectors with a single number which illustrates the vehicle's overall paint condition and establishes if any previous paintwork has been undertaken. The higher the Elcometer Index Value the more severe the previous paintwork condition.
Below you will find some specifics on this unit, which comes in two great models!
Model B FNF:
- Fast reading rate of 60+ readings per minute significantly reduces inspection times
- Switches instantly to measure coatings on steel & aluminum
- Ergonomic design gives you maximum comfort when measuring vehicles all day
- Automatic temperature compensation accurately measures in a desert or alpine conditions alike
- Automatic rotating display allows you to read the thickness value on horizontal & vertical surfaces
- Ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the screen brightness to your lighting condition
- Dust & waterproof rugged design equivalent to IP64, ideal for measuring in wet or dry conditions
- Large easy to read values in mils & microns
- Scratch, solvent & water surfaces resistant color display for protection against accidental damage
- Part Number: A311CFNFBI
- Calibration Test Certificate
- Built in Probe Type: Steel & Aluminium (FNF)
- Fast accurate reating rate: 60+ readings per minute
- Accuracy: +-5% or +-10 micrometers (1.0mil)
- Resolution: 10 micrometers (0.5mil)
- Minimum Substrate Thickness: Steel - 800 micrometers (30mils) Aluminum - 300 micrometers (12mils) - FNF gauges only
- Measurement Range: 0-500 micrometers (0-20mils)
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 122 degrees F
- Relative Humidity (RH): 0 to 95%
- Power Supply: 2 x AA Batteries or via USB (rechargeable batteries can also be used)
- Battery Life: Alkaline - Approximately 16 hours Lithium - Approximately 24 hours
- Gauge Dimensions: 5.55" x 2.87" x 1.46"
- Gauge Weight (including batteries): 156g (5.5oz)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.